Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Garden - Starting Seeds Indoors

I started some seeds this week. I have tomato big beef and Ssuper sweet 100s. I have never tried to grow tomato's indoors before so, we'll see if I can do it successfully. I mixed the potting soil in a bucket with water and let it set overnight. It should be moist, but not wet. I use plastic or foam cups to get them going. I compact the soil so it's nice a firm and then use a pen to make a hole the desired depth. I use a golf T for tiny seeds like broccoli, and Brussels Sprouts. I also punch a few holes in the bottom of each cup so excess water can drain off. For now I have them on the kitchen table. It's warm by the window and light isn't needed for germination but, warmth is. I also, planted zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, and cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment