Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Changes for the Disks Harrow

I have been incredibly busy. But, have managed to get a little done. Starting planting seeds inside yesterday. I'll try and get more details up tomorrow. I have also been giving the disk harrow a little re-think. I may make some changes. I might have the opportunity to pick up a 60's Allis-Chalmers garden tractor. In doing a little research on the said tractor, I found a picture of the disk harrow made for the early Simplicity, and Allis-Chalmers garden tractors.The design has given me something to think about.

This design uses the same disks gangs as I have. It is built not only to adjust the angle of the disks to the ground. But allows the tool bar to be tilted forward. This would allow the outer disks to ride higher and the inside disks to dig in. A set up like this would be very desirable for hilling potato's when the plants are larger, and making raised beds. I have everything I need to make the change. But, I'll think about it for a couple of days. I hope to have time on Saturday to work on it. AH

No comments:

Post a Comment