Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Project - Garden Tractor



Here is one of my many winter projects. I purchased this little garden tractor to help with the yard, and garden chores at the Idaho property. I have been using a old Gravely two-wheeled walk behind tractor to care for the potato patch. It's time consuming, and wears me out. So this is my solution. Finding a decent, cheap Garden Tractor in this area is not easy. There are a lot of riding mowers, but finding a Garden tractor that will do a little more than mow the lawn are harder to find. So this one needs a little work but, is in good running order. It has a 18 hp twin cylinder motor, and a high / low transmission. (Guy talk!) The up side is, I get too spend a little time in the garage this winter. My plans are to build a rear hitch, a cultivator, front bumper, and a set of rear wheel weights. This project has very limited funds, so I will be building with materials I can get for free, or cheap. Once everything is built I will take the tractor apart, and paint it. Hopefully I can be done with it by spring in time to start preparing the soil for the potato patch and garden. So expect to see some up dates to this winter project as it progresses. AH


No comments:

Post a Comment