Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Building a Wheel Hoe for the Garden

I went out to the garage and looked through my scrap to see what I had that I could be used to make a wheel hoe. Now I know your thinking what a pack rat I must be. Well, I'm not that bad. I do have two five gallon buckets filled with bits and pieces of scrap metal that I have collected. I have managed to build a few things over the years with scrap that was free.
So here's what a gathered up; A lawn mower wheel a little dirty but in good shape. It has a ball bearing center so it roll easily. Its solid rubber so no flats from those nasty little sand burrs. I have a small field sweep, hilling blade, Three small cultivator tines, and somewhere I have a small v-plow. I found a clasp from a old tool bar that will hold the attachments. The rest is flat stock that will use to build the frame. I chose pieces that would be strong but light as possible since I want the hoe to be easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment