Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Freebie Tractor


This little tractor was free. I have been watching for a junker to use the front tires and axle to build a cart. I spotted this one next to pile of junk behind a house I pass everyday on my commute to work. One day I stopped and inquired about it since it looked like it was on it's way to the scrap yard. Sure enough the guy said it was left behind by the previous home owners. He didn't have any interest in it. And told me I could have it, said it would save him hauling it away. Well how could I resist that sad little face. It's like it was cry out "save me". So I hauled it home happy, I now had tires for the cart. Well as it turns out I just can't leave things alone. It is complete except for the mower deck that was stripped of it's spindles, and blades. It's looks rough with it's rusty hood, and mismatched rear tires. I was looking at it one evening and thought it might be worth seeing if it would run. I pulled carburetor a part and threw it in a can of solvent overnight. After a hour of tinkering and a $2 fuel line it started right up. No smoke, sounds good. I thought well maybe the transmission was bad. Check the fluid and gave it a try. Works fine, runs strong. It runs, and it was free! It doesn't get better than free! Not sure what I'll do with it. Perhaps a project for another day. As if I don't have enough to do already. AH

No comments:

Post a Comment